Monday, February 1, 2010

Dissecting the San Continuum



Dissecting the San Continuum


This morning in the coffee shop I posted a few more poems, here and on myspace. Having finished early I decided to google four space dihedral angles as that was my concerns lately as to what I have styled the san (Greek obsolete letter for 900) continuum for those part of my poems that involve abstract physics ideas. I found a delightful, if so hard to read, paper from 2003 which seemed to echo some of my recent musings on the nature of transcendental numbers and discrete values as if to be unsure of questioning my heroes such as Coxeter and Conway on the matter.

There can be a continuum sea of simplexes that divide some higher transcendental space of n-dimensions- and he author showed there are even some non-euclidean ones and in a sense these do suggest things beyond the limit of proofs by number theory of number theoretic things. I had intended to put more out for this month's post on the irrational values and ratio thing but got diverted at the foundation (other than the poetic mode of creativity) by a calculator that gave me a whole new view of the rational sphere of abstraction we call numbers.

I may post something interesting along these lines now that I am reassured I am still on the right track and can speculate further - but I still want to find some applications or maybe solutions for some view of traditional puzzles.


http://www.math.temple.edu/~wds/homepage/diophant.pdf

as in the poems numbers are at once mechanical yet living things and two ways we get our head around them and one way there does not seem to be a cloudy mystery somewhere that touches our susurrant intuitions- then again it can be only that of which our abacus is but a tool. We count the groups and reflections of the apples and the oranges or we turn the dials for symbols beyond some zero ground and beyond the radius of a sphere of the square of minus one and the messy transfer of heat by rearranging trigonometry between us and love's entropy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment