Monday, March 12, 2012

ZeNadir On the Intuitive Bridge between Art and Science


ZeNadir

On the Intuitive Bridge between Art and Science

L. Edgar Otto 12 March, 2012

Between the Zenith and the Nadir over the river of time we can see the world as a journey from one familiar landscape fading and forgotten into another one of unclear futures.

Some can say there is nothing else but the journey and the reality of the structure that lets us walk over the precipice and keeps the sky from falling.

Others view this and all outside it as if in a tunnel or wormhole, a cave that contains us of which we are distantly aware to which our reality or vision of it seems confined or confused or and taking a risk from longings in our hearts and souls, or by accident and trolls that will not let us pass at the solving of riddles many leap into the unknown as if to escape from a familiar prison by the lack of acceptance for their lives beyond decisions to an equally unclear future.

We do well for awhile anyway to contemplate, actualize the past and future, integrate our life journey over time and with all of out time to focus, neither far away nor near others or the unknown, not content with our place in the present- so to ground our living in the promises and tendencies of art and science.

From there, the body that supports our dreams and a little bit of chaos that our life never grows too stale, to taken fore granted what love there is nor how deep the peak moments that inevitably occur as we so dwell in such places of memory or potential recurrences of the real, explaining why this aspect of life becomes our nature that we desire to be responsible for ourselves and others so take on the design and focus of creativity, perhaps too much effort in life's work.

An occasional faerie tale that we can live despite the moods and the fortunes of circumstances to which religion and philosophy as world views are as the mind to the body both uncertain truths and mysteries of our existence can enhance the drama and the mundane of experience to which we can also escape and ponder safely.

The old shaweld lady coats the mullet with indian batter and fries the fish on the old wood stove. The smells of it are as real as any odor we cannot keep easily in memory for she is there still in the raining while the sun shines as they were wont to say along the coast that the reason it rains while the sun shines is that "The Devil is beating his wife." which of course is at once saying we do not know and yet a deeper thought on things if said to a child right up there with the amazement on discovery that the sun and the moon can live in the sky at the same time- so too lovers, and in a sense she dwells there at one with her long life and age, still where we all do we in such places where in all of time reality itself finds its peak moments, this beyond its fading totality and while its rebirth.

The unique is the anew as well that has a higher ground that is the compass of the chords of our reality. How better can the design be that new souls come into the gift of this world, new science is possible, and new art takes wings?

* * * * *

I notice Lubos has an interesting discussion on this (which relates to the quote at the top of this more philosophical post placed before seeing Lubos educational article here.) to which I find vague agreement that it supports string as well as some new physics alternatives concerning the foundational nature of symmetry. Of course in my illustration, art is a little more messy than science, and walking on the bridge over the Chippewa river I thought I would take a photo of what was the sky directly above and the flowing water below.

* * * * *

Well, I did not find the added statement as I transferred the text but it when something like this:

In view of the color model for foundational physics the old debate between the quantum and relativistic realms is pretty much an obsolete issue. Colors can be the debate between pigment and prisms, Goethe and Newton thus the issue with Bohr and Einstein. All this will change with a better comprehension of supersymmetry as fundamental and a foundation for new physics. Yet as philosophy the issue is timeless in the same old forms to which we try to add new original and fundamental knowledge. The solution to these views in the terms we have long tried to use for a unified theory are not in their own terms strong enough to make progress in the debatable enterprise as obtainable, even if either or both systems of physics is complete.


The same sentiment, posted just after Lubos (again I doubt he is reading my blogs as so to address this synchronous issue and has bigger fish to counter on the internet science publishing posts and the character of its posters thus the quality of the work... it was in my previous post as this (hey, everything is going so fast along the steep learning curve here for me.): that is

With such simple models in mind questioning the foundation and checking the reality of the experimental context- some issues such the debates and thought experiments between the quantum and relativistic styles, Bohr and Einstein and so on, are rather old fashioned to the state of our technical and theoretical progress.


Clearly Lubos is sensitive to the issues of the foundations of the physics, and is among the more colorful of our alternative characters. In quasics we cannot state at what minimum we may find the scope of uncertainty and time in the way Lubos suggested in the article for that is the issue between the centered world and the span without such centers and either view is not sufficient as physics to solve the problems in its own terms without some possibly unconscious philosophical stance.

http://motls.blogspot.com/2012/03/einsteins-box-and-triumph-of-bohr.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LuboMotlsReferenceFrame+%28Lubos+Motl%27s+reference+frame%29

But my intention here was not to be about Lubos but a quiet promise of a spring day and a dream of a memory as if living the experience of it again of the birth of one of my children and trying to find the poetic depth in time of this universal window into a peak life experience- that it may have scientific or philosophic meaning in the interpretations (also I suggested as part of the frontier of the foundations problem) is coincidental. I also thought my last post was rather to distant from the complicated and simple model it presented so I wanted a zen like peaceful posting for in the end I note that people are sensible and will generally accept the civil discourse and good relations if possible with others.

* * * * *

Apparently my friend on the other side of the world posted similar thoughts on his facebook page:

A journey into my inner being!
by Sultan Ratrout on Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 1:43pm ·

I hear it calling when I have a self-fight,

I feel it when about to sleep at night!

From it, I always attempted to escape,

but found myself living on its landscape!

I found it necessary to engage in a talk,

It will haunt me whether I sit or walk!

To surf my very inner being, I sat alone

And addressed it with an insightful tone.



At the beginning, it seemed an easy trip,

Later, it went deeper into my soul to rip!

Before I spoke, it started to at me gaze,

Pointing at me, it did prepare its blaze!

Of it, I got scared and decided to retreat,

Though deeply, I knew it would me treat!

From faking the bitter truth, it me blocked,

The more it spoke, the more it me shocked!



Having a talk for a few minutes, I rejoiced,

Victory over self-darkness I proudly voiced!

Deep inside, I came to discover a treasure,

It did bring to me my awaited pleasure!

I dispensed with a mirror, but saw my core,

It was too clear lying on my mental shore!

It had many paradoxes to accommodate,

But the bitter truth was there to radiate!



The journey was unique and profound,

It pulled me to it with its magical sound!

For logic, it had a compelling discourse,

It did penetrate my mind with its force!

My core charged me but I did get mute,

I could not deny my mistakes and refute!

Mt core advised me and I could truly see,

I saw when darkness was enveloping me!

My core guided me and I did respond,

I accepted guidance deeming it a bond!

My core stressed roaming the truth's sky,

I promised to keep roaming even so high!

My core changed me faster than magic,

I found its impact beneficial not tragic!

My core directed me to the right track,

I found the ultimate happiness I lack!



I have decided this journey isn’t to evade,

It doesn’t cut though to the soul is a blade!

Whenever in need of it, I will call on it,

I will resurrect myself even I will be hit!

My inner being is a terrible thing to lose,

If I lose it, regret is the option to choose!

When away from my core, it seems a foe,

But when close, my relief starts to grow!

* * * * *

2 comments:

  1. Sultan, I may post the other one along this vein but I did not get to look it over but briefly yet. Feel free to use anything I have (hehe don't hold me up too much as an example unless it is tortured English for you students, my fellow poet!)

    ReplyDelete