Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Philosophy of Symmetry

The Philosophy of Symmetry L. Edgar Otto 08 April, 2012


In August of 1964 I told a friend as I went off to the unknown future of basic training in the USAF "If something happens to me remember this: N-dimensional Bilateral N-symmetry."


This post is for the art's sake which reflects some things from a view as a reduced form of particle structure at least to what is considered the unique exception form of maximum symmetry. This and beyond is mass in the stereonomic context.


Part of being ahead in intuitive theory is that it takes forever for some long held and sleeping inovation to arise if it does and a life making its way encounters loss and resistance. I have about had it with innovations the world of greed and browser wars has taken on what should be a simple matter of learning and enquiry, the cost of our chaotic unlearning in another generation of decohereing intelligibility and it is not certain some state of the world in the past or future was ever any better.


But I have survived in my dreams long ago seeming an improbably miracle. I suppose we have to declare our roles and life purpose or be one who is outside the compass of such purposes, to do the work in balance and efficiency without that the reason to abandon compassion for other unique lives, let them develop in their own destiny, to learn perhaps respect. It is worth saying again- comforted only that I am not obsolete in my advancing age, a nobody but in that sense something unique in the asymmetry of it all- it is not the technology nor the wealth but what we do with it that is the danger.

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment