Tuesday, June 4, 2013

State of the Video - Technology and Content



State of the Video - Technology and Content

L. Edgar Otto   04 June, 2013

I tend to think I need a general map of things in order to understand them better and more rapidly in searches as visualization.  As I learn things with better access and pick up the underlying logic of internet systems as a social user- the why companies compete or present various programs to which we follow the changes as best we can when we are more concerned with the content and the best versions of things to share.

I have other such maps for organizing various new things in my life.   Food and Diet schedules, responses reciprocated in social comments, endorsements as I follow the progress of some careers,  the influences of philosophers and scientists on each other and the converging visions of new theory, the system of finance, personal and public.  These examples are of course not as deep as say a better map of biochemical pathways or of the brain and nerve networks, or hierarchies of mathematical systems, DNA, genomes, string theory, particle physics, world language development.  The net, say in organization of web pages as in the cloud seems to converge in format across devices that can scale how they are viewed, itself is a convergence of sorts by which the user may object to the changes in adapting.

I shall return here from time to time with such maps on a 101 level in what seems to diverge.  First with the number of ways an artist may post music and videos and the public access them.  Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and many other systems you may find within them.  The simple visual picture map, a graphic idea I thought of I called windows and windowpanes, 1967 way back has come now thru a long history of codes and browsers.  It certainly requires a lot of passwords none of which are safe save in the numbers as does all the numbers it takes to do something simple like use the phones or transfer virtual money.  I prefer to know the reasons behind what I am doing rather than exploring haphazardly or with brute force as if the mistakes we make do not matter.

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment