Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Directive Prime










The Directive Prime

L. Edgar Otto    30 January, 2013

I continue a burst of creativity that is hard to take the time in its complexity to post.  It would be a series of posts with clarity in our existing problems in the physics and would explore new directions of what even to myself for the moment is among my most radical of speculations.

Part of this is my checking out of three significant books in the popular literature.  The end of the last century suggests to me that such books, despite the viewpoint of the authors in their apologies, are made to promote some thesis and gain support from a wider audience of people and experts in the field.  The entry into our new century and the flowering of the computer age is one of brave new speculations itself.  Sometimes these seem to reach too far and have their detractors.  One outstanding enterprise is the attempts to understand better the nature of consciousness as the final frontier of our current research.  Another was a debate on the acid test of a philosophy, thus of physics, as to the nature of determinism and free will.

But one of the books put the bare facts in a way I found very accessible in which to relate ideas in the trends I already have developed from a different view- and together I am under the spell that these things fit together much more close than the mysterys still there in say, number theory.  I do not know how someone else may see this book without some background or exposure here and there to these issues of number theory and physics- but I suspect it is not a hard as we think should we desire to inquire about these things.  Still, if nothing else, I see the relevance and even urgency in the debates as to how we see the world and society, ourselves if we are free to design our own evolution.

One was from Roger Penrose, The Emperors New Mind   this I missed from that significant last century decade although I have seen, and respect highly, his work on the nature of reality in that big volume of which some of it seems to have its forerunner in this book.

The next one was The Bit and the Pendulum  by Tom Siegfried which concerns the New Physics of Information and which made comments on Penrose in the area of the exploration of consciousness.

But there are fewer and fewer books in the library and I do not have the luxury of internet access time at the moment.  I checked out one on html 5 web design again but have not had time to work with it, just for something to keep my mind occupied.

David Darling, PhD has a book called The Universal Book of Mathematics  which I checked out for the familiar pictures of certain recreational mathematics photos- and it listed many things not yet solved in number theory-  I did not know for example there was not algorithm for n-onomoes greater than 8 as they will include holes.  I would have posted commentary on some of the puzzles in new light but these as useful for my digital art drawing led to some striking ideas to develop.

I had further insights into what Conway's game of Life has to do with so many issues we debate now in the universe.  One of these animations called Langford's Ant was particularly interesting in after ten thousand iterations or so it as and "attractor" begins an endless highway-  now it may be true that the numbers needed in continuous physics are complex numbers but these can be discrete also in my view- the animation fits well with my general idea of a third or quasic physics perspective.  These have a direction chosen in the quasic plane.

Another thing is what there is of pattern orders in the distribution of primes,  two pictures and these have different properties when merged in the paint transparency of the symmetry involved- after all, the rules of how the ant moves is one of its right angle changes of direction.  But more than this the parity in a plane, being different if seen as a brane of flatness than in depth is independent of the outcome of the animation.

From the playing with these prime patterns I give two radical ideas or interpretations.  One I call the Imagomnium which as to do with what seems to be the pseudosphere or Gabriele's horn shape I imagine as if a barred spiral galaxy. Of course we imagine shapes in the clouds of patterns, oddly it is easy in the Ulam spiral to merge things that suggest faces as it the case on different resolutions of craters as on Mars.

The other seems to go well with the general evolution of the universe in terms of what is the nature of dark matter and how we see from observations how it may relate to galaxies.  But itself it would mean little without the clarity and view of Penrose on his ideas of the relation to gravity and entropy.  I note that Penrose respects "Beauty" as some higher ingredient found in some theoreticians- he discusses his own states of mind, for example nothing coming from his subconscious as in dreams.  This evolution I style the Ubrane, for Ulam.

On top of this I had a significant dream which concerned drawing and typing, alas these did not go directly to the computer but raised some rather interesting questions as to communication possiblilites and does seem to give the psycho-dynamic views of Jung more weight as part of the new physics as well  his steam engine synchronous model  of the mind.  Yet he did state a synthesis of ideas that may not resemble those of the science of his day alone- still the quasic unification does not necessarily suggest that beyond science if it is read carefully.

* * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment