Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Quasi-reality of Count & Structure in Trivial Data Interpretations



The Quasi-reality of Count & Structure in Trivial Data Interpretations

L. Edgar Otto
02-10-12

The sense we have within ourselves or how we may imagine others feel about our particular interpretations, or world view as to what explains ourselves and the world can seem like the coincidental or even most trivial, doubtful or irrelevant numerology in the counting or a geometry too obvious to be questioned where its physics and analogies may be seen as deterministic and necessary laws of the universe and of reason.

This is a part of the creative impulse to what we have not perceived directly that there can be progress and possibilities of growth and learning. The emotional view and the general accessibility to energy and memory of an organism over time, in ascent or descent of its complexity is not always connected to objectivity if there is an emphasis on the poetic mood- at least insofar as content is concerned. This I suspect is the echo of enactment of our mental design as in sync with the context of natural law independent in principle as to it being the source of such law as the laws can be grounded in non-necessity, paradoxically.

The mastery of new information can inhibit the expression of poetry although both are needed for creativity and even a the same time, both ultimately can be seen as a similar method at least for the intensity of thought, inertia also to continue or resistance to the effort required for a new poem or quest for something scientific. Over time then we may lose material as in a chess game while we gain strategic design. But nature is not forgiving of our blunders when she acts as if a machine most likely not aware of that beyond the context of her programming compass.

Some things are not forgotten in our laziness of method or simple act of remembering to pay attention to the design and emotional states. It is as if we grow more adept rather than get rusty- for example when I take up the guitar after a long time. This relation to music cannot just be some sort of body memory that is imprinted on specific brain structures.

For example, in my prime but in descent as to the amount of baldness and alternating over some months between poetry and massive eye straining calculations my wife noticed that in the poetic mood I seemed to grow hair but in the analytic mood I seemed to lose hair. (As I recall it but in thinking about this it could have been the other way around- after all with the same habits and objects memories seem to mix events around them. In any case doing both did sprout the number of hairs and length at the same rate.)

I am a fair chess player but trying the game- I mean I am not addicted to the virtual world per se although one could suspect otherwise from the amount of presence. Even the thrill of what we think we are doing, its urgency as if the reality has to be heeded for texting for example or the distraction when time seems to subjectively change and the clock or pot left on the burner is forgotten until it boils over. Or my young kids finally leaving the Mario game obviously needing to take a pee- yes, I heard that happens and there was first hand experience. The influence of violence was easier to deal with- I said if you fight over a game I will simply unplug all of it. That did well- I tried the game but I had to set it on "Daddy please don't hurt me" when I faced the sneaky well armed jackbooted enemy. It is humbling to not be as fast and quite amazing really how children so young can read the scrolling screen.

So, I tried the chess game that came with this computer and it gives me a sound thrashing most of the time- I mean part of it may be I have not played for awhile (well, even the best of internet drama can become boring, more like work one may not want to do or do for so long. Even the pretty gals that make most men stay on facebook a month if they see her picture- well, facebook has the population now just a little less than India or China- but it is not all just passion and hormones.)

So I tried the game, and when I do win , usually with some radical moves I am thrilled I trounced the machines programming (it must know the 200 or so openings that I have not memorized until the masters learning from each other settle down to endless draws.) But I think if I continued to play this game on line seriously- well we are only as good as our opponents so I think I would become more like the machine in play on any level. I just do not see why people enjoy playing these games which are so deterministic and rapid and said to be a measure of intelligence.

On the other hand, I think I have made inroads into what is the nature of the game, as I have posted. I do not see why the hints are there- I mean, are they needed, are they a gift or flirtation that addicts us in loops of false senses of power and weight? Will these principles which are much like the hints of what can be attacked or moved in the game be powerful enough to beat the brute calculator on the run? I mean I find no fun in setting games to a character that is immortal and has a stash of all the possible weapons so shoots everything, all the other players and even the windows and other virtual furniture- some young adults I have seen do this for hours and yet have no interest on what makes the game work. Perhaps there is something to be said for being a part of interaction with others, a dialog of sorts, a suspension of disbelief where the game like a sock hop teen dance is really just the symbolic ambiance to prepare for awkwardness, to socialize I guess.

This post today, out of boredom and as a rest from all the learning of what to do between an off line and on line computer - I cannot say I like the cloud idea that comes to you even if what I have is pretty much an open book- was one of an art project as pure art really. I have been using the primitive paint program as it was closer to the logic and have used the last posts principle of the four way patterns. So I was surprised when stray drawings began to look interesting for arts sake alone. Take this post this way then- as an artistic thought experiment.

We are only as good in battle as our opponent- this came home to me caught between so many unwell or drugged up people and the bureaucrats I avoid - they do nothing but harvest the troubles of others and overstep their bounds for pennies really enslaving even those who would benefit to an ongoing industry to which there is too much because it seems they do not contribute to the wellness of our society, not that I say they are mean spirited- just that they have a world view and expectations as to what is their rights as in the judgement of others as worthless characters or undesirables who should have equal access to public institutions.

But in the deeper scheme of things one does not have to encounter and fight others to undermine and even redeem their hearts in the influence they have on the well being of our society. Well, even Leonardo had a life long fight with city hall. I will not make predictions about what is likely to happen in our society- not to put ideas in anyone's head- there is enough violence there already and it is intolerable on so many levels to put up with. Besides, no one heeded my warnings before and such unlikely happenings became the mainstream news. Let the senators die from cancer and I will not shed a tear for they did not support me and others in the general advancement of science when I had time to make a difference and the intense desire.

Nevertheless, the core work gets done and sustains us. Let us not be biased against the competent who have a high opinion of themselves where your loyal friends are dishonest and your honest friends are disloyal.

Then again I outgrew the whole shebang, but I have not outgrown what I expect of computers and society as for the most part it takes so long to catch up for this primitive world in my eyes- why do some want to stop designs even if theirs are lacking- but it is theirs at the cost of some power game to be ahead then to settle for less to be so of the other guy or gal. I hate to go Ayn Rand on you but many times I have thought to take the ball away when I leave the game- but all this, formally is asking a question that is not just pure art- its it about the board or that which is within it? This is an important and deep question if one pays attention and thinks to ask it.

By the way, writing in the quiet not in the coffee shop- I do miss the pen and paper but not running out of those nor of ideas- what I write also has been influenced by the medium it is done with. I am not sure in the virtual world this is observable- so we can no longer claim ownership of styles. But there is so much still for me to learn now that I am back and noticed I have become whole again, can see how beautiful and ugly some people are and why I did not notice one way or the other not that long ago.

* * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment